Hello, I'm David Ellard, and I bid you warm welcome to the Mind and Body Movement website.
I founded Mind and Body Movement to offer a variety of wellness services to individuals and businesses. The services I offer draw from, and combine, a number of different disciplines that I’ve been studying all of my adult life.
These disciplines include, but are not limited to:
- Yoga (I have teaching certificates in traditional and flow styles)
- Personal Training (I am qualified as a Level 3 Personal Trainer and Nutritional Advisor)
- Martial Arts (I hold a 4th degree black belt in Aikido which I continue to both train and teach. I’ve also studied number of other martial arts over the years)
- QI Gong and Tai Chi (I bring aspects from these ancient health and wisdom practices into much of my teaching)
- Meditation (Meditation and Mindfulness have been shown to bring great benefits to our personal health and happiness)
- Shiatsu (Shiatsu massage is a Japanese massage system in which the practitioner aids the recipient’s body to heal itself.)
- Science (A key aspect of my approach is avoiding hearsay for evidence-based, scientifically proven, techniques.)
The Back Story
I served for many years at the corporate coalface working in technical training and communication, but in my heart my interest was always in these Mind/Body type practices.
Eventually, after gaining formal qualifications in the necessary areas, and supported by a network of friends and mentors both at home and abroad. I created Mind and Body Movement to bring my holistic, multi-disciplinary approach to the people and businesses of the South-East.
Queries and Questions
I’m always happy to chat about my approach to health and fitness and how it will help you personally, or your business. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with any queries or questions.